Tracy McGrady

Tracy McGrady
t-mac

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Practice

     Jeff Van Gundy (T-mac's old coach from the rockets) said at a conference that tracy was never a good practice player. He said that is un earthly god given talent got in the way of his maturation. Gundy said that his skill level made it to easy for him to do new things. He said that Tracy could have been arguably one of the best players ever if he worked a little harder. But don't get him wrong he thought T-mac was the best player he has ever coached by far. Tracy said he doesn't see it that way. Tracy said he doesn't think that would make him a better player. When Tracy was asked for his response to this he said, " I just wasn't a great practice player. I just wasn't. I wasn't". Tracy said he doesn't have harsh feelings for what Gundy said.


     I agree with both of them. I think Tracy tried very hard in practice. But I also think he could have gotten faster, stronger, and maybe tried even harder than he did in games. So for me it is hard to say who is right, but I have to say I think T-mac could have been a little better of a player. I also wonder if this would have made him in better condition so that he didn't get that hurt knee that messed up his career. “I
 just wasn’t a great practice player,’’ McGrady, a Detroit guard, said in an interview with HoopsHype. “I just wasn’t. I wasn’t.’’
 just wasn’t a great practice player,’’ McGrady, a Detroit guard, said in an interview with HoopsHype. “I just wasn’t. I wasn’t.’’   I“I just wasn’t a great practice player,’’ McGrady, a Detroit guard, said in an interview with HoopsHype. “I just wasn’t. I wasn’t.’’just wasn’t a great practice player,’’ McGrady, a Detroit guard, said in an interview with HoopsHype. “I just wasn’t. I wasn’t.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment